Bachelor Degree in International Tourism
In the current panorama of international tourism, this industry has to face a wide range of challenges: environmental sustainability, growing competition between destinations and tourist demand for quality at a reasonable price, increasingly concerned about getting a good value in contracted services, among others.
In response to this situation, the Ostelea School of Tourism and Hospitality launches a new Bachelor Degree in International Tourism, with the main aim of equipping professionals in order to successfully manage companies and businesses dedicated to planning and managing international destinations and tourism products.
The program is supported by two academic partners: EAE Business School, the second business school in Spain according to the Merco Talent Ranking 2015, and the Universitat de Lleida, which is the first Spanish public university in teaching quality (according to the Knowledge and Development Foundation). In addition, it has been distinguished as a Campus of International Excellence.
Any doubt? Then, do not hesitate to ask for further information about this MBA.
Thanks to the Bachelor Degree in International Tourism, you will achieve the following goals:
- Building a firm knowledge base in the tourism industry from an international perspective and with an executive approach.
- Managing tourism companies and achieving the expected results at a global level.
- Learning the key factors in drafting strategic and immediate action plans in multinational tourism settings.
- Developing the capacity for creativity and innovation in hotel companies and their sustainable management through specialist training.
- Developing the skills required of a global manager of tourism companies to enable you to work cooperatively and assertively with all of the members of the team.
Ostelea’s Bachelor Degree in International Tourism is divided into 9 modules:
Module 1. Service company management
· Corporate social responsibility in international tourism companies
Module 2. Foundations and dimensions of tourism
· Social changes in the world and the consumption of leisure and tourism
Module 3. Accommodation and restaurant management
· Social media, internet and tourism
Module 4. International tourism distribution and transport
· International passenger transport companies
Module 5. International tourism resources and products
Module 6. International tourism destinations
Module 7. International languages applied to tourism
- Professional English for tourism I
- Professional English for tourism II
- Professional English for tourism III
- Professional English for tourism IV
Module 8. Practical internship
- This module counts for 30 ECTS credits
Module 9. Thesis
- This module counts for 6 ECTS credits
The programme consists of 240 ECTS credits.
In order to attend the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality’s Bachelor Degrees, the student must meet one of the following requirements:
- Spanish Bachillerato (High School or Baccalaureate) and the Spanish University Entrance Examination (Selectividad).
- Foreign qualifications that can be validated as equivalent to the Spanish Bachillerato or Advanced Technician certificates, obtained or carried out in a Member State of the EU or in other States that have signed international agreements that are applicable in this regard, on a basis of reciprocity, provided they meet the academic requirements established in that Member State for students to have access to its universities. Qualifications must be validated by the Spanish Ministry for Education, Culture and Sports.
- A diploma in Advanced Level Training Course (professional training, specialist technician or FP Superior) in any specialisation of advanced vocational training, Plastic Arts and Design or equivalent qualifications, according to articles 44, 53 and 65 of Organic Law 2/2006 of 3rd May 2006, on Education.
- An official first or second-cycle university degree, corresponding to the EHEA or the previous organisation of university education, or equivalent degree.
- Partial studies carried out in Spain or abroad, or a degree that has not been recognised in Spain. If the student wants to continue studying in a Spanish university, he/she will have to be recognised at least 30 ECTS credits by this university.
- For people aged over 25, 40 and 45, an academic qualification providing access to university education, through an adapted entrance examination.
- Accredited work experience, according to article 42.4 of Organic Law 6/2001 of 21st December 2001, on Universities, and Organic Law 4/2007 of 12th April 2007, amending Organic Law 6/2001.
Participants who successfully complete the programme at the Barcelona campus will receive a triple qualification:
- The qualification of Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality.
- The qualification of Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from EAE Business School.
- The qualification from the Universitat de Lleida.
In order to receive the qualifications granted by EAE and the University, participants must fulfil the requirements stipulated by these institutions.
This Degree allows the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality’s Alumni to develop their careers in:
- Companies dedicated to planning and managing international tourism destinations.
- Companies dedicated to planning and managing tourism products involving international aspects, particularly positions of tourism product/project management.
- Travel agencies, tourism operators, online travel agencies (OTAs).
- Hotel companies, particularly in positions of management, commercial management, customer service management and booking management.
- Companies specializing in international events management, such as trade fairs and congresses.
- Consultancy and in the field of international tourism.
The Professional Careers Service promotes students’ employment opportunities and acts as a meeting point between current and former students, partner companies and other business collectives interested in contracting professionals trained at Ostelea.
Currently the following scholarships are on offer:
- Fundación Carolina. Lifelong training grant that encourages cultural and scientific cooperation between Spain and Latin America, promoting exchanges between professionals. It is aimed at Latin American and Spanish specialists and professionals that can demonstrate their need to move to the other region to continue their training.
- MAEC – AECID grant. This grant contributes towards the further education and professional development of foreigners and young university students with an advanced university qualification and, on some programmes, university students in their final year. Type of financial aid: II-B Programme grants: grants for foreigners studying Master Degrees or specialization programmes in Spanish universities and non-university education centres.
- Financial support for training workers regulated by the Fundación Tripartita. The State Employment Public Service offers financial support, through the Fundación Tripartita, to all people currently actively employed and making Social Security contributions and who have received individual training permission from the company. Refusal of permission must be based on organizational or production reasons. The purpose of the financial support is to receive tuition for an official qualification or a university’s own qualification. In return, the company receives a Social Security allowance for each employee that has been granted permission. The allowance is equivalent to the salary costs for the working hours that the employee has dedicated to training, up to a maximum of 200 hours per employee granted permission per academic or calendar year.
- AGAUR (Agència de Gestió d’Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca – University and Research Financial Support Management Agency). The agency offers university postgraduate loans with extremely attractive conditions.